Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cuba


Andrew Moore
I love the opulence of theaters and opera houses so naturally seeing a theater in a state of disrepair as great as this one was just as intriguing to me. Having the row of rickshaws replacing what I imagine would have been plush red velvet seats makes for an amazing and ghostly image. Who was the theater intended for and who uses it now? Obviously its function has changed. Finding this photo makes me think about how amazing it would be to visit Cuba. I would love to see it as it is today. I hope that Cuba and America can become peaceful, but I would love to see it before it becomes a trodden tourist destination. I think fanny pack donning, cargo short wearing tourists boarding buses takes away from the magic of experiencing another culture.
-B

1 comment:

MISS GLITZY said...

It's an amazing photo and just like you I'd like to see Cuba before tourist invasion.